Over The Weekend, Yet Another Earthquake Struck North Texas
The earthquakes keep rocking North Texas.
On Saturday night, another earthquake hit the region, this time a couple of miles southwest of Springtown in Parker County. It registered 2.8 on the Richter scale, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Springtown is about 20 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
According to the Geological Survey, other recent North Texas earthquakes include:
- 2.6 magnitude quake near Whitesboro, Dec. 13
- 2.6 magnitude quake near Pottsboro, Dec. 12
- 2.5 magnitude quake near Pottsboro, Dec. 11
- 2.7 magnitude quake near Azle, Dec. 10
- 3.7 magnitude quake near Mineral Wells, Dec. 9
Read KERA’s recent coverage on North Texas earthquakes: