Renaming Boys Town
Carolyn Johnsen, of Nebraska Public Radio reports from Omaha that residents of Boys Town vote today and tomorrow on whether to change the name of the famous refuge for young people. Half of the 33,000 residents are girls. Father Flannigan started his Boys' Home in 1913, and the name was changed to Boys Town in 1926. Girls were first admitted in 1979.
Copyright 2000 NPR