COVID-19 Live Updates: Dallas County Reports 771 New Cases
Get live updates throughout the day on how COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus, is affecting North Texas.
» COVID-19 By The Numbers:
- In Texas: More than 713,000 cases and more than 15,000 deaths have been reported. More than 609,000 recoveries have been reported.
- In North Texas: Cases in Dallas County: 77,889; Tarrant County: 46,898; Collin County: 12,966; Denton County: 11,501. There have been at least 1,871 reported deaths in the region's four largest counties. *Denton County has not reported its daily case count since Sept. 19.
- Counties across Texas: Use the Texas Newsroom's interactive maps.
- Global: See Johns Hopkins University's COVID-19 dashboard.
- What should I know about coronavirus? Get information from the CDC.
- What's been happening locally, statewide and nationally? Check out special coverage from NPR, PBS and the public radio stations in The Texas Newsroom: KERA for North Texas (including quick daily updates below); KUT in Austin; Houston Public Media; Texas Public Radio in San Antonio; and Marfa Public Radio.
- How can I help others or find help for my family? The KERA Helps Tool connects you to funds, nonprofits, agencies and organizations working to help people in need.
- How's coronavirus affecting North Texans on the financial edge? Take an in-depth look at our new series, "One Crisis Away: Coronavirus And Life On The Financial Edge."
Sunday, Sept. 20
Dallas County Reports 771 New Cases
There are 771 additional cases in the area, bringing the total to 77,889. Of the 771 new cases reported today, 572 came through the state’s electronic reporting system that has been experiencing a backlog.
The additional deaths today is of a Garland man in his 80s.
A provisional total of 156 confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases were diagnosed in school-aged children from 5 to 17 years old during the week ending on Sept.12, which was an increase from the previous week for this age group. The percentage of cases occurring in young adults aged 18 to 22 years has increased to 14% over the past two weeks.
Tarrant County Reports 361 New Cases
There have been 361 additional cases in the area, bringing the total to 46,898. Of the 361 cases reported today, 125 are from the state’s electronic reporting system that has been experiencing a backlog.
The county reported 13 deaths today, two from July and five from August. The deaths today are including:
- An Azle man and woman in their 90s
- A Fort Worth man in his 90s,
- A Keller man in his 80s
- An Azle man and woman in their 80s
- An Arlington man in his 80s
- A Fort Worth man and woman in their 80s
- A Fort Worth man in his 70s
- An Azle woman in her 70s
- A Mansfield woman in her 60s
- A Crowley man in his 30s.
123 Additional Cases In Collin County
Another 123 cases in the area raises the total to 12,966. There have been 137 deaths and 11,937 people who have recovered from the virus in the area.
KERA News is made possible through the generosity of our members. If you find this reporting valuable, consider making a tax-deductible gift today. Thank you.