KERA asked for questions about this year's election, and you delivered! Over the past few months, your public radio stations across Texas have compiled queries from voters all over the state. It’s part of a project we're calling "Texas Decides."
After hundreds of public media listeners wrote in and voted on their favorites, we’re happy to announce our top five questions:
- Why is Texas a red state and how did it get so red? LISTEN
- How have Texas districts been shaped? When/how does this happen? Who's responsible for deciding how lines are drawn? What is result? LISTEN
- Why do most Texans eligible to vote not bother to cast a ballot? LISTEN
- How will vote recording errors and even fraud be prevented where vote paper records are not created and kept? LISTEN
- Can we vote for either Libertarian or Green Party candidates in Texas? Why is there almost zero coverage of them in mainstream media? LISTEN
Now reporters at KERA North Texas, Texas Public Radio in San Antonio, Marfa Public Radio, KUT Austin and Houston Public Media will start digging in.
Follow our progress on social media with the hashtag #txdecides, and listen to KERA the week of October 24-28 to hear the stories you voted for.
It’s also not too late to let us know what you’re curious about. Have a question? Submit it below - and thanks!