Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Mon August 13, 2012
Shooting Near Texas A&M Kills Three
Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann, a male civilian and the gunman are dead following a shooting in College Station Monday afternoon near A&M University.
Officials say gunfire broke out while serving an eviction notice. A&M University’s Lane Stephenson says students were warned by text message and an online alert a little before 12:30 pm. "We issued what we call a Code Maroon which is our campus emergency notification system, you know, as a precautionary measure. As you many know we’re between semesters right now so there aren’t too many students around," he said. In addition to those killed, police say at least four others were injured, including three officers and a female civilian who is hospitalized.