Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Fri September 21, 2012
Parks Pop Up In Parking Spaces
Parking spaces along Main Street in downtown Dallas turned into little parks Friday – the second annual ‘PARK(ing) Day Dallas’.
Nearly 60 groups and individuals adopted parking spaces and transformed them into interactive events, including a soccer field; a carnival ball-toss game; and a carpeted library with shelves full of free books.
The event was a big surprise to Debbie and Eddie Hernandez, visiting from Columbus, Texas.
“My wife and I are just kind of strolling around and we’ve been noticing the festivities going on,” said Eddie Hernandez. “It looks kind of exciting to me. That’s a wonderful idea. It has a festive attitude, you know.”
Organizers of the event say that’s exactly the reaction they were looking for.